Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My first post

I finally found what I really enjoy doing, cooking and eating. Yes, I enjoy good food and I do enjoy cooking up dishes for friends and family. I think I started cooking at the age of 12 when my mom taught me how to fry an egg. At that age, I was curious and did all sorts of things with fried egg. I wasn't a good cook at that time, when I was in Kemahiran Hidup class, I cooked fried rice that was tasteless and I ended up burning chili paste. That didn't stop my interest, I was always trying to find a way to cook for my family, especially breakfast or dinner on special occasions like Mother's Day or Father's Day and Christmas.

I'm Hun, and I'm on my journey towards my dream, becoming a chef and one day, open a restaurant of my own. Since I'm on a journey, I better start a food blog as a journal of my adventures, failures and successes. I'm currently a culinary student, already in my 2nd year and doing my 2nd industrial training now.

This blog, I will post up recipes, places to makan and maybe a bit about college life.

Why Taste Plate?
I was trying to come up with a blog title, many names that I like were already taken and suddenly, the word "taste plate" came in mind, and it was still available. To me, every journey we take, it starts with a small step and we may experience different adventures or difficulties at the same time. A taste plate is where small portions of different food are placed on the same plate as an appetizer or a way to sample a few food at the same time. So I guess my experience will be that way, a taste plate.

This is not my first blog, if you are into animals, I already have a good stable blog about sugar gliders in Malaysia.

Suggies At Home

No comments:

Post a Comment